All over the internet, people are remembering Larry Grathwohl, who infiltrated the Weather Underground for the FBI and prevented them from killing people, at the risk of his own life. Larry passed away last July 18, and we all miss him. We’re also disappointed by the lies Fox News’ Megyn Kelly allowed Bill Ayers to spout about Larry and other issues on her recent, highly-promoted “celebrity interview” with Ayers.
The sociopaths of the Weather Underground have been given four decades of free press to spread their lies. You can see a partial list of four decades of fawning coverage of the Weathermen below.
Looking Back: Modern Journalists on the Weathermen
Since emerging from hiding, former members of the Weather Underground have found many allies eager to help them whitewash their pasts. Other journalists are working to correct such propagandistic celebration of Weatherman. The following stories are presented in chronological order. Interestingly, some of the most critical stories are from traditionally liberal sources.
- November 1993: At Home With Bernadine Dohrn: Same Passion, New Tactics (New York Times)
- September 2001: School reform crusader Bill Ayers works within the system now, but don’t ask the former Weatherman to apologize for his radical past(Chicago Tribune)
- December 2006: Sudden Impact (Chicago Magazine)
- June 2007: Mad Bomber Melville Part 1 (Art Voice) – for additional parts, follow their links
- February 2008: Weather Reports (The Nation)
- November 2008: Mr. Ayers’ Neighborhood (The New Yorker)
- September 2009: Time Bomb (Phoenix New Times)
- November 2010: Oh, the Irony (World Net Daily)
- July 2011: Northwestern prof works to give convicted teens second chances(Chicago Tribune)
- January 2012: The New York Times Tries to Free Another Terrorist Killer
Interviews with Larry Grathwohl and other materials detailing the Weather Underground’s real record of violence can be found at America’s Survival, where Cliff Kincaid hosts Justice for Victims of the Weather Underground, a project dedicated to bringing the Weathermen to trial for their crimes.
We are grateful to everyone who are helping us correct the record about the real reign of bombings, murder, and attempted murder committed by Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, Jeff Jones, Judge Eleanor Raskin (neé Stein), Mark Rudd, and the other assorted criminals of the Weather Underground. Go to the Bringing Down America website to find links to other people writing about Larry today.